Thursday, January 06, 2011

The boy who cried wolf

I keep coming back to running. I know I have made a number of starts, and even more stops, and a couple of posts promising my return, all leading to this.

It was pretty foolish to expect to maintain a serious training regimen during a period of huge personal upheaval: moving to Berlin, then two months later moving to another city in Germany, traveling the world, living life. I unfortunately took smoking back up upon arrival at the Amsterdam airport.

I don't regret any of it. I am back in America now, but still deeply in love with a German woman to whom I hope to return this spring or early summer.

But I can't stop thinking about running. The embers of that old fire are still simmering.

I'm stepping back for a day or two to think about it, but I want to get back to training. There's nothing like it.

No comments: